Last updated March 14, 2014
Information Gathered by this Website
When you visit this Website, we may collect the following types of information: personally identifiable information you knowingly provide, information we collect automatically, and non-personally identifiable information you knowingly provide.
We may collect personally identifiable information that you knowingly provide to us. For example, we may ask you to provide personally identifiable contact information (such as name, address, e-mail address and telephone number). In some cases (for example, if you register with us (or sign-in on this Website), we may also ask you to provide other information such as a personal ID, password, and a security question and answer.
If we collect such information, we may use it for a number of purposes, including:
- To establish and maintain a commercial relationship with you and to provide you with products and services. Account information may be retained by us to enable our website to identify you, to allow you to set up and access your account (if applicable) and to change your account information and/or services. This information is used only for these purposes and is only retained in transaction records required for internal management and auditing purposes, unless you are informed otherwise or you provide your consent or we are required to disclose same pursuant to a court order or other legal process.
- To understand your needs and preferences. We may maintain a record of the services you receive from us (if applicable), and we may ask you for additional information so that we can serve you better.
- To provide you with information you have requested, and to keep you informed with respect to ongoing changes to our website. Your email address may be used to send you any newsletters and mailings if you have requested us to do so. You can withdraw your consent for such mailings at any time by contacting us as set out in such communications.
- To develop, enhance or provide new services. We may from time to time conduct surveys and research, requesting input from our visitors to help us improve our website, products and services in an effort to serve you better. Your participation in such surveys is voluntary, and in some cases you may have the option to participate anonymously. However, your name, address, email and telephone number may be required to take advantage of bonuses or other benefits which are available to survey participants, in which case your contact information will only be used for notification and fulfillment purposes.
- To manage and administer our business. The nature of the Internet is such that it passively and automatically collects certain information about a user’s traffic patterns, which may be linked to their Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. These are unique Internet “addresses” assigned to all Web users by their Internet Service Providers (ISP). Server logs record statistical information, such as visitors’ IP addresses, type of operating systems, time and duration of visit, web pages requested, and identify visitors by categories such as domains and browser types. These statistics are only used on an aggregate basis and will not contain any information that could identify you personally.
- To meet legal, regulatory, security and processing requirements (such as in response to a court order), and otherwise as permitted or required by law. We may also use this personal information to contact you regarding any such legal, regulatory, security, or processing requirements, and may be required to disclose this information pursuant to our Terms of Service.
If we intend to use personal information for purposes not identified to you or as set out above, these other purposes will be described to you at the time of collection or before using the information. We will not use your information or otherwise disclose it for any other purpose without your consent.
Users also should be aware that non-personal information and data may be automatically collected through the standard operation of our Internet servers or through the use of “cookies”. Cookies are small text files containing a unique identification number that identifies your browser – but not you – to our servers each time you visit our website. Cookies are not pervasive or invasive programs that enter a user’s system and damage files. They simply tell us which pages of our website are visited and by how many visitors. Cookies cannot, by themselves, disclose the individual identity of any site user, and we never combine information gathered by a cookie with personally identifiable information like your name, telephone number or email address, without your consent.
Third Parties’ Access to Information
We not in the business of selling visitor information to others. Our visitor information is not available for sale to any outside entity. We may contract with third parties to fulfill certain functions on our behalf, such as providing marketing assistance, analyzing data, preparing and maintaining site content, and providing customer service. These agents may have access to visitor information only as required in order to help them perform their functions on our behalf, but they are not allowed to use that information for any other purpose and must keep such information confidential.
Visitor and Website related information is a valuable business asset. If for any reason we transfer or divests ourselves of business assets, our visitor information will be transferred as one of those business assets.
Upon request, we will allow any user to “opt out” of further promotional contacts at any time. Also, upon a user’s request, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to functionally delete the user and his or her personal information from our database; however, it may be impossible to delete a user’s entry without some residual information because of backups and records of deletions.